Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Invisible

Dark, cold, solitude, glass, imaginary. Invisible. To be ignored, to be stepped on. To be passed by. To not have a voice. Many people in this world are considered invisible, especially when it comes to politics. During election season and when government supposedly asks for the public's aid, you as an individual usually do not count. Your voice is never heard. My voice is never heard. In order to be heard, one must be wealthy, rich and have power. I am powerless. Invisible.
Have you ever met someone new but apparently they have been with you for many years? In this school, I have met people my senior year who I did not know existed. I thought I knew all the seniors here in this school but apparently. Are they invisible? They are invisible to me. They should speak out more, have a voice. That way people will know them and maybe they will be less lonely.
Just imagine being by yourself all day long with no friends, no family, nothing and no one.  A voice is in every person. They just need to speak and release it. Speak to the public. Do not waste what you have but rather embrace it. Speak your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment