Friday, November 19, 2010

Open Letter to Cormac McCarthy

Dear Mr. Cormac McCarthy,

            Regarding your book, The Road, I would have to say you have an excellent insight of the future. But, is your vision really true? Will humans go as far as trapping and eating each other? Will our humanity reduce to only the need for survival? I am not saying that the book is not good, but the storyline is so graphic. The imagery that produces in my head is just so amazing. Sorry sir, I lied. Your book is amazing, besides the fact that I do not like reading. I actually enjoyed the movie though. I mean I actually stayed awake in class for you because I usually go to sleep every time a movie plays. Yes sir you are special.
            Back to the book, yeah it is pretty cool. The saddest part is that everyone is killing each other in order to survive. If I was in their situation, I would have just shot myself long ago. The story holds a deep meaning of love for family and the want for survival. The best part though is that they survived for so long and the boy lived life as though it was normal. It is a shame that they robbed the black guy. I mean why does the guy have to be black? Why couldn’t he have been white? Why would you rob a guy that already has nothing? Or was that just the movie?  Either way, I enjoyed the book and the movie. You sir, are amazing.

1 comment:

  1. really jacky he has an excellent insight of the future??? lol
    yes indeed he is special to keep jacky awake haha

    ReplyDelete